Now available online at: https://foodforestplants.com.au/product/agrimony-agrimonia-eupatoria-herb-for-infection-inflammation-and-more/
Agrimony – a versatile plant for any herb garden!
Agrimony has a long history of medical and magical use. This unassuming herb was administered for a plethora of illnesses: from mental tension, inflammation, tonsillitis, respiratory problems, whooping cough, bronchitis, asthma, urinary tract infections, diarrhoea, allergies, wounds, bruises, to splinters and to ward off witchcraft.
Modern uses of agrimony:
- To reduce heavy menstrual bleeding;
- Reducing inflammation,
- Diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome,
- Colds, coughs, flus, sore throats, chronic coughing, bronchitis, and other sinus issues.
- To improve bladder control in children and the elderly,
- For pimples, rashes, acne, psoriasis, eczema, or any other skin condition, applied topically,
- Detoxify the body by strengthening the function of the liver and gallbladder,
- For healthy hair and nails,
- Agrimony is one of the traditional Bach Flower Remedies, used to
bring emotional balance to those who hide their feelings behind humour
and put on a brave face, and to promote self-acceptance,
- Possible anti-cancer effects.
- Good bee plant.
- Tanning and dyeing.
Due to its astringent properties, agrimony can aggravate constipation. Parts used: above ground.
In the Garden:
Agrimony perennial growing to a height of 60cm. Agrimony likes well
drained soil and will tolerate a wide range of climates and soils. It
can be grown in all regions except for tropical areas. Plant in sun to
part shade. It looks good in the perennial border. The plant is
naturally adapted to growth on alkaline soils, it can however, tolerate
slightly acidic soils.
USDA Zone: 5a – 9b
common agrimony, cockleburr, cocklebur,
stickwort, church steeples, sticklewort, philanthropos, ackerkraut,
agrimonia, funffing, herbe de saint-guillaume, liverwort, stickwort,
acrimony, harvest lice, aigremoine, agrimonia, herba agrimoniae,
agrimoniae herba, burr marigold, and garclive, Ackermenning, Odermenning
The information provided by the Website is for personal
information and interest only! Always ask a qualified healthcare
professional before using or ingesting any herbs!