- Poor soil, sunny, good drainage
- Biennial/perennial plant to 1.80m
- Said to strengthen the stomach, remove obstructions of the liver and treat jaundice.
- Folk history of use in the treatment of cancer.
- Blue dye is obtained from the dried plant and is used as an indigo substitute.
Fuller’s Teasel, Dipsacus Sativus
Height + Width:
Frost Hardiness: Hardy in Katoomba
Country of Origin: Eastern Cape of South Africa
Common names: African Dream Root, Undlela Ziimhlophe (White Ways/Paths), Ubulawu